Though I love my Beatles and my Stones, I have a guilty little pleasure for Top 40 tunes. The songstresses of the day, with their (sometimes literally) out-of-this-world fashions, make amusing subjects for a Halloween costume. Here are some of my favorite ladies who would be wonderful to dress up as:
official costumes through her website, her look becomes even more attainable, but I personally prefer to see people get creative with their own interpretations.
Other ideas to dress as a Pop Star Princess:
- Britney Spears, in any of her mutations: innocent schoolgirl, interstellar heartbreaker in a red catsuit, Toxic mama, Madonna kisser, bald Brit with an umbrella, or the resurrected queen of the Circus that she is today, there are endless versions of Britneys to be. I recommend gathering a group of your best girlfriends and each choosing a persona from Brit's history.
- Amy Winehouse: I was Amy my junior year in high school. I found a see-through body shirt that had tattooed sleeves, then I wore a low-cut top and miniskirt, candy pink heels, and styled my long black wig into a beehive even Ronnie Spector would envy. Then I did the requisite Winehouse winged eyeliner. It was a hit.
- Katy Perry: whipped cream bra and cherry chapstick are not included.
- Rihanna: with her wild hair and even wilder fashions, dressing up like the protegee of Jay-Z will surely get you noticed on October 31st.
- Janelle Monae: if you can figure out how to do your hair like a rockabilly and can pull off a tuxedo and wingtips as well as Janelle, then I encourage you to dress up as music's new darling.